This traffic exchange directory follows all the guidelines given by Google in relation to page setup, webmaster guidelines and link exchange policies. Google by far has the most stringent guidelines on link building on the web which is why we set our bar there. They are also by far the most outspoken on the subject making sure that people cannot complain later that "they didn't know they were doing anything wrong". Here are the guidelines that we adhere to, most of which is copy/pasted directly from the Google Webmaster Guidelines section to ensure clarity:
If you have any questions about linking or Google's own guidelines please feel free to contact them through any of their country specific websites, you will normally be redirected to the correct one if you visit www.google.com
- Every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
We have this policy any way. We believe in a clear and full navigation system as being an integral part of an informational/service site such as ours.
- Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content. - This is a fully functioning website with several services and private advertising, it is for our company which offers services other than this directory, it is NOT a spam site in any way.
- If you decide to use dynamic pages (i.e., the URL contains a "?" character), be aware that not every search engine spider crawls dynamic pages as well as static pages. It helps to keep the parameters short and the number of them few.
Our pages have a maximum of 2 parameters.
- Keep the links on a given page to a reasonable number (fewer than 100).
The average number of links per page is 30, the maximum is around 50.
- Make pages for users, not for search engines.
Our site provides information and services for the UK public, all content is unique, researched and hand-written.
- Avoid links to web spammers or "bad neighborhoods" on the web.
Our directory is managed by actual humans (not software) and bad links such as links to inappropriate content are deleted regularly to keep the quality of the directory high. You wouldn't want to be listed in between porn and viagra links would you? ;)
- Avoid links intended to manipulate PageRank.
Any link from our directory cannot be construed as being for the purpose of manipulating Google in any way as we have followed their nofollow suggestions for most outgoing links and recommend that you do the same. We also do not require you to keep our link on your website to remain in the directory.
- Keyword stuffing refers to the practice of loading a webpage with keywords. Don't load pages with irrelevant keywords.
We delete any listing that does not have an adequate and descriptive title and/or which attempts to stuff keywords into their description instead of an actual description of their services.
- Don't create multiple pages, subdomains, or domains with substantially duplicate content.
Unlike many link directories which are used in networks, this is the only site that this directory appears on, we have no duplicate version of this directory anywhere on the web.